This week is critical for preserving and protecting the Medicaid program as we know it! On Thursday, June 22, 2017, the United States Senate presented their plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. The Better Care Reconciliation Act strips Medicaid of much needed funding to provide care for our most vulnerable communities, and decimates an essential lifeline for millions across the country. The plan would lead to loss of critical home and community based services, more uninsured, which would compound current problems related to lack of coverage, and increased health care costs in an overburdened system. The Senate will vote on the bill this Thursday. Help ensure this bill does not make it to the floor for a vote!
Please call your senators NOW urge them to reject any plan that caps and cuts Medicaid and strips necessary health care from those who need it most. We want everyone to flood phone lines and let senators know how important the Medicaid program is to people with disabilities. Let’s keep up the pressure! Click here to view our official Medicaid Toolkit for talking points, sample emails, and suggested social media posts.
Every phone call, email, and social media post counts! No effort is too small.
Did you know that Early Bird Registration rates are ending on Friday this week on June 30 for the Adult autism conference (aka Inaugural Tri State Adult Autism Symposium)? Yep, and they won’t be back again until the 2018 conference. Check it out at www.gcaspies.org/conference.
Are you a school system or organization wanting to send multiple people to the conference and want to know how to get in on Early Bird Registration by June 30, but can’t pay until July 1 starts? Email Scott Kramer at email@example.com.
Are you a Tennessee or Georgia resident facing an economic/financial hardship and want to get more information about you can get a full registration waiver before June 30? Email Scott Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
naugural Tri State Adult Autism Symposium Conference Updates - Saturday, July 22, Chattanooga, TN, Red Bank Baptist Church, 4000 Dayton Boulevard, Chattanooga, TN 37404.
1. The number of exhibitors at the Symposium conference is around 20, which is all that the Family Life Center (gym) could handle.
2. There will be a silent auction at the conference. Many, many companies from Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and other states have been gracious to donate items for the auction. All funds received from the silent auction go to fund the GCA Centre for Adult Autism and its programs at the Chattanooga Autism Center.
3. 11 speakers (including the lunch keynote), 4 breakout sessions, and lots of opportunities to make new contacts with others attending the conference
4. All sessions will be taking place in the Norton Building, with exhibitors in the Family Life Center - at Red Bank Baptist Church.
5. Maps for parking, rooms for sessions, etc. will be up on the GCA Center for Adult Autism website, as time is closer to the Symposium conference.
6. This is a full-day conference, with the first session starting at 8:45 AM and the last session ending at 3:40 PM.
7. The most important thing in all this is the social networking opportunities for adults/young adults/transition teens on the autism spectrum and other interested individuals - that do not exist at other autism/disability-related conferences.
Write For Us!
Contact us to be featured as a guest blogger.
Want to be featured on our blog? Submit your story here.